Friday, January 4, 2013

Vacation dread

The Friday before you head back to school or work after the holidays is probably the worst day of the year so far... Which I guess is a good thing, since you're only a few days in to the new year.

You lie in bed, staring at your clock, resenting every second that is passing because it's getting closer and closer to the time when you'll eventually have to get up at a REASONABLE hour and do productive things in your day besides shower and reheat leftovers. Soon enough, you're going to have to out on your face, smile, fake pleasantries and try not to deck fellow commuters on the subway during rush hour.

Vacations are dangerous like that! They lure you in with this utopia of food and festivities and friends, the pretty lights and the music and that perfect moment where the entire years stress melts off your shoulders like the foam on your overpriced latte and you can finally have some fun!! But once you are having fun, footloose and fancy free, you have to go back to reality. You have to go back to WORK. you have to do adult things and keep up with those adult responsibilities, and restrain yourself at evening events because you have an adult thing to do early in the morning. It tricks you into forgetting the bullshit of life! How evil!!

I just want to stay in my wonderful cocoon. Stay in this bliss of hanging with my friends that I otherwise never get to see, drink, and dance, and have adventures!

But all good things must come to an end. I have to go back to school and work and the world outside my blanket fort. Once I get back in that groove, I'm sure ill be hunky dory again, I'll have a happy little routine and ill find time for the fun and the adventures I'm having now. It will all work and it will all be awesome once I get back into it.

But today, today I'm in my cocoon. I'm eating tomato soup and grilled cheese and watching bridesmaids. Later on ill have some beer and dance my face off probably.

It's cool, I've got til Monday to enjoy my vacation bliss.

-janeovision

No comments:

Post a Comment