Sunday, January 27, 2013

Movie Review: Argo to the movies!

Ok, based on my last review and my abundance of rambling I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

I REALLY LIKED ARGO.

It's a great telling of how Americans had to disguise themselves as Canadians to not be dragged into the streets of Iran and publicly murdered (based on current political issues). There are parts of the stories I am unaware of, Parts I'm sure they cut out, movie-glamorized, and underlying issues and stories that weren't told and I am not aware of. I have not researched anything on this story. There are some people I have spoken to about this film that are not going to see this film based on this. There's an untold story that is a lot more negative and controversial, and this film has possibly ignored it or glamorized it.

Because I know next to nothing about the true story, my review is biased and somewhat narrow. But I have chosen to review this one based on my current knowledge. You'll see that when I review les mis (TRUST ME). That being said, mr. Affleck did a great job creating this film, and the story was captivating enough to keep my attention from top to bottom. I'm certainly not a fan of historical films, but this one was intriguing, tense, gripping, and even exhilarating at times.

One to see for sure, as I'm pretty sure Affleck is looking pretty good with the oscars. If you're interested, definitely look into the true story and let me know your thoughts on the comparisons. I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions on the Hollywood-washing of this film.

Cheers!

-janeovision

1 comment:

  1. A very good flick, no doubt about that, but it’s one that I still couldn’t get fully into as much as I wanted to. Maybe the fact that I knew how it all ended was a bit of a bummer for me, but I still liked what Affleck did behind the screen. The guy’s really making a name for himself once again, and I’m so glad it’s not because of where his dick has been. It’s actually because the guy can direct and act. Good review Jane.

    ReplyDelete