Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is going to hurt.

This is going to hurt.

Oh valentines day. The day where people are forced to prove their love to their partner because the holiday says so and you look like a complete turd if you don't. It's also the day where those single folks either sulk in their own assumed lonliness or reject the holiday completely, because, well who needs love anyways.

I look at this holiday somewhat differently.

I'm a single gal. I have been for a while now, and I'm beyond ok with this. It's not that I'm against love or relationships, but I haven't found anything and I tend to be careful of my heart. What's the rush anyways? To me this holiday is not about being in a relationship or being single, it's about love.

Love is a fucked up thing. I don't beat around the bush, it is. But that's what makes it so wonderful and powerful. This emotion rips you apart and throws you around like a ragdoll. It tears your insides out and hollows you out, an empty shell of your former self. Now this all seems pretty terrible. Why would you subject yourself to such masochism? Well there's also the other half of love. The part that makes you weak and stupid. The part that makes you numb to everyone else but the person you can't quit thinking about. You're goofy, passionate, illogical and make poor decisions and more of a fool of yourself than drugs and alcohol can do to you.

Wait... That's better?!?!

Like I said, love is pretty fucked up.


Love is a messed up thing. But that's what love is. Love is the biggest challenge and biggest risk you will ever take in your life. People don't realize the danger and the leap that you are terrified to take. It's the biggest terror you will ever take. It's the most ballsy thing you will ever bring on in your life. With love, only the strong will survive. Love is something the cowards cannot handle. With love, go big or go home.

So with these challenges, why even try love? Well, why the hell not?!?!! Love is the best risk you'll ever make. And you know what? A lot of the time you're gonna fail. And you're gonna fail hard. The hardest part of love is getting back ip again and keeping the armour off and letting yourself fall on that blade again.

Love is not for the weak. Even when it's family or friends. Love is never an easy task. But I love the concept of love because it's the greatest battle I will ever fight. And I'm ready to fight it.

Bring it on love, do your best, do your worst.

-janeovision



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment