Sunday, June 28, 2009

winding down at the fringe

We're on our last day! How did it go by so fast?

Shows seen:
These were very interesting plays with interesting characters. The Women went through various famous women in literature and went through the female relationship, life and sex. Pitch went through the life of Judy Holliday and how she lived her life, and how she was the smartest dumb blonde of her time. I really liked both and the direction the performances went.

...Sorry, that's not much to go on, but yesterday was a long day and my brain is a bit fried.

This is the part where I want to thank all the amazing artists I have encountered, worked with, dealt with, rescued, had me rescued and being otherwise awesome. You have all done an amazing job this year, not only in your shows, but in your welcoming of patrons, other artists, and most importantly, the volunteers. I don't think I have seen this many free shows offered to volunteers or heard of so much gratitude towards them. I'm so happy we had so many awesome volunteers, but I'm also so happy with the wonderful gratitude towards them. You are awesome and thanks for making this fringe as awesome as it could be.

Volunteers too! I've pretty much said my praise, but I want to do more because you TOTALLY deserve it! Coming in last minute, pulling doubles, surviving the rain and keeping a smile on you face when being verbally bitch-slapped by patrons. You rule, and please please PLEASE come back next year!

K, that's it for now, seeing a few shows tonight, will do my wrap-up tomorrow maybe, if I survive strike tomorrow morning (eek!)

Until then!

-janeovision

No comments:

Post a Comment