Friday, June 26, 2009

and the fringing continues...

So, I've seen more shows! Here's the new shows I've seen as of yesterday:

This was definitely a wide variety of shows, from slapstick comedy, to poignant monologues, to inside theatre jokes among the Ottawa scene, to dildos and racism to old horny puppets. I'll make a few comments on some of the shows, but please note, just because I don't mention anything, it does not mean anything negative or otherwise.


Catgut Strung Violin
A lot of slapstick, 3-stooges comedy. Its a neat view on the war as well, because there is no real distinction of what side the protagonist is on, or who the bad guy really is. I personally enjoyed watching the guys practice before the show and goofing off, which lead to some teabagging jokes. Unfortunatley for everyone else, that was a performance just for me.

Heebs and Dweebs
Well, what can I say, it's Amy Salloway. She really can do no wrong. Talking about troubled childhood in a nuclear family, dealing with being fat, jewish and jumping between the math kids and theatre kids lunch tables. Her visit here was short, but so worth it!

The Beer Tent
All inside jokes in the ottawa theatre biz, with projections behind them explaining names, terms and plays they were talking about. *personal enjoyment* when they spoke about Kevin Orr, the put up the "Kevin Orr is my Lover" FB group! I nearly peed myself!!

Countries Shaped like Stars
I'm in love.

Oreo
...Much better than last year, but still needs work. PS. can you write off all those dildos and cock rings in a grant?

Grandpa Sol and Grandma Rosie
New experimental stuff. not sure I'm a fan, but kudos for trying it.


Not sure if I'm going to see any shows tonight, with all the storms we're on High alert with the power situation in the tent, but we'll see.

until the next show!
...or until the tent decides to not set on fire again...

-janeovision

2 comments:

  1. Jane, anytime you want to see more teabagging, you just let us know. We will teabag at your pleasure.

    ReplyDelete