Saturday, June 20, 2009

fringe, we are go!

Fringe is in full swing! We are already on day 3!

I've seen a couple of shows, and I'm going to note what shows I have seen. I'm not going to mention anything over the top or in depth until after the fringe is done. Okay, that'll probably change really fast, but I'm trying to stay neutral and fair, since I am so closely tied to the festival. if a show wows me, however, I will definitely let people know, as I want people to go to this festival, and if I am really affected by the show (such as last years crude love) You people are going to know about it!

Okay, only one person reads this, and their not even in town, but OH WELL!

Shows seen so far:
Today, I plan on seeing Pirate Jennys Circus, and maybe sneaking in Catgut Strung Violin, but we'll see if I can sneak away from work.

The chaos of my part of Frinfge has almost wrapped up. The last technical rehearsal is tomorrow, then it's just trouble shooting until strike on the 29th. 5am is too early, 17 hour days are too long, and I am just now starting to catch up on sleep. Only three more days worth of sleep and I'm back on track!

People think, "oh theatre, that's so easy. Just show up and perform!" To those people, go to hell. You have no idea the amount of preparation for all of the venues, techn icians have to be hired and organized, performers need to be herded, and any and all problems have to be fixed RIGHT AWAY, because, god forbid someone is unhappy. We have to deal with people who do not respect schedules, therefore fucking with mine and pissing me and everyone else off - and I get blamed for it.

Sorry ahd to rant a bit, but people need to respect theatre! But now the worst is over, I'm going to relax, sleep a bit, and go see more shows! YOU SHOULD TOO!

See you at the beer tent after!!

-janeovision

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear the worst is over! I'm so proud of you and all your hard work and effort! You truly are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete