Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Casting success!!

So casting has come and gone.  I must say, I am very excited for future rehearsals!!!

My cast and crew is a collection of people that have not only blown me away in auditions, but are also old friends that I have worked with and have been great partners in previous projects.  I'll hold off names for now, but I will announce my fantastic Stage Manager, Allye Vice.  She is a writer herself, director, stage manager and has toured with other Fringe shows.  We worked together in productions in University, and I am thrilled to have her by my side again.  She knows how I work and I know how she works, and I am so excited to have someone strong enough to deal with my chaos and create this show!!

We have already done our first read-through this previous weekend, and official rehearsals start this week.  This will be my first show focusing on monologues, not so much dialogue and character interaction.  This is making me realize the amount of work I have made for myself, but I am excited for my cast and crew, who are excited too, and beyond supportive of the process.  They are even helping me with the script (which I asked for!) and helping me workshop certain scenes that need it.

Already I have so much support. From my cast, my SM, my friends, family, even strangers.

Last week I sat down with a guest at work for a beer (they bought me one, so I joined them for a drink haha) and I started talking about the show. He was so excited about it, and he never even met me before. But his incredible enthusiasm about my 20 second blurb blew me away. He was excited. He was excited about me, and about what I've done.  He hasn't even seen it, and He was beyond enthusiastic.  Having a stranger excited for me was amazing. Having support from strangers is the most terrifying and wonderful thing I've experienced so far.

This is getting big.  This is becoming real.  And I couldn't be more excited.

-janeovision

No comments:

Post a Comment