Sunday, September 25, 2011

Toothache. Harumph.

Have you ever had a toothache? The pain filling that one side of your head, throbbing constantly. It puts you in a state of dormancy. Any activity you do causes your heart rate to increase, making the throbbing even worse. Walking, running, bike rides, even standing sucks. It is a big pile of suckiness.



Now I've had my own collection of serious injuries and pain. Broken collarbones, stitches, 2nd degree burns, the usual fun, and I've been strong and able to survive and participate in life with these setbacks. Hell, I went to Canada's Wonderland 3 days after having 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I DROVE THERE FOR GODS SAKE!! However, having tooth pain trumps all of it. It takes over your entire head, makes you unable to speak, eat, be a person. I've been sent home from work, been unable to be social, I can't even be a girl and cry because that just makes the pain worse!

Currently I am medicated just enough to take care of myself and not be paralyzed, but stoned enough that I probably shouldn't operate complicated machinery. I have a root canal booked for Tuesday, and I can't wait for it to be all over.

I'm usually in full-on anxiety mode for the dentist, but the fact that I have become a lump of my former self makes me want this done already. My inability to exist socially, my dependence on prescription drugs just to get out of bed, it's insane and ridiculous! I just want this over and done with and to get back to my life!!

Until then, I am stuck on the couch watching '17 Again' (good god.) thinking of what I can eat that won't double me over in pain. Until then, I will wait patiently until I have this over with and I can talk about something that ISN'T my toothache and my many drug-induced hallucinations.

I'm sure everyone else is excited for this to be over too. I know I'm sick of my own complaining, so I can only imagine how everyone else is dealing with me.


Blurg. So over this. Let it be Tuesday now please.


-janeovision

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. A toothache is an excruciating experience. The pain can be unbearable, and it can totally ruin your mood. One way to ease the pain is to apply an ice pack to the cheek above the affected tooth. Also, placing a clove of crushed garlic on the affected area can temporarily reduce the pain. Garlic is known as a natural antibiotic that decreases the amount of bacteria on the tooth. Still, it is best to consult your dentist so you can have proper diagnosis and treatment.

    (Nannie Livingstone)

    ReplyDelete